Thursday, March 18, 2010

Got Some

Got some Pearl Jam tickets. Fan club seating for the May 20 show. What a drama! First onsale went up on Tuesday at 3:00pm. I logged into the website 15 minutes early and was ready to go, figuring that I would click "refresh" every 5 minutes while on the page showing the shows for sale, hoping to grab the NYC tickets as soon as they became available. Another pertinant piece of information is that there was a notice on the website that if you have tickets in your basket, you have 10 minutes to check out otherwise the tickets would be reallocated to someone else.

Of course, it was not as easy as that. At 2:55, the website basically was just hanging as all of the other local fans were doing the same thing. However, slowly progress was made. For every step of the way - get to the ticket screen; select the tickets; confirm the purchase; check out - the system crashed but after a few refreshes I was able to get to the screen entering the credit card details. I entered everything and figured I was done...and then it crashed again. Went back and refreshed and tried again (figured if I was charged twice, I would deal with it later) . This time, I got the following messages - "Your order has been placed"...AND..."Your cart is empty"...AND..."You cannot check out with an empty cart". So, then I was MORE confused! Did they take the tickets from my cart prior to the order going through? So I check my email...and there was the confirmation email with an order number! Everything checked out OK...so May 20 tickets were in the bag!

Next stop, May 21 tickets...

They went on sale at 6:00pm, later the same day. Same plan but this time the system was even worse. Managed to get the tickets in my shopping cart but was unable to get past this point (kept timing out). Very frustrating!

However, I found out there is a final, additional fan club presale today at 2:00pm. I am assuming the seats will likely be a little worse but still better than the general onsale tickets. I am planning another assault in a couple of hours.

No comments: