Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mad Dog Blues

Played cricket on Saturday and it was another tough loss for the Mad Dogs. My bowling is terrible at the moment and I am not sure if/when/how I will fix it. I batted OK but got out to one that kept a little low on the pitch, just as I should have been ready to kick on with the innings. A few of us got out that way and so it was a disappointing loss. We now have our work cut out for us to reach our league final, especially when we are throwing in an understrength team for our game on Saturday.

Saturday night was more successful. Played in our neighbourhood poker game, hosted by Kevin and his new, hand made, oak poker table. No hands that were too crazy, my patience was rewarded with a $40 profit on the night. Many laughs were had and everyone had a good time. Got back home at 3:30, to get 3 hours of sleep before a day with the kids.

On Sunday, Mindy was doing her henna art and face painting at a local street fair, so I was on kid duty. After helping Mindy set up, we spent some time at the house, hit Taco Bell for lunch and then to the bookstore where the kids enjoyed the train table; stuffed animals and books in the kids department. I enjoyed reading a poker book and drinking coffee trying to stay awake. With the coffee not doing a thing, we went back home and I took a 40 minute nap while the kids watched some TV, then off to get Mindy. She had a good day but was quite tired by the end of the day. She went out with a friend for dinner, so I got the kids to bed and watched some TV before enjoying crashing in bed and getting ready for Colgate on Monday.

No comments: