Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sick Of The Cold

I am now getting quite sick of the freezing weather we are having right now. It has been over a week since the temperature has been above freezing and enough is enough! Still, I have managed to make he best of this over the past few days.

The weekend was spent with the kids. Mindy was in Virginia visiting her family. I had planned to get some stuff done around the house until I saw there was a marathon of the show "Critical Situation" on TV. Basically, each episode took you through a situation, sometimes a natural disaster; an accident; a hostage situation; a wartime incident and showed how the problem developed and took you through the resolution. It really was quite interesting and so this filled in my time in between playing board games with the kids; changing Barbie clothes; getting them fed, bathed etc, etc...

Mindy arrived back on Sunday night. So Monday was spent celebrating Martin Luther King Day by going to lunch with friends and sledding in the back yard. We also built a snowman, or as I was told by my wife and two daughters - a "snow girl"!

Work is OK this week - loving the short week and looking forward to another weekend!

No comments: