Monday, January 25, 2010

Catching Up

I think we are now pretty much over the initial hump of live with 3 kids. It was made worse over the past 3 weeks as I was working extra hours in the evenings, however, this should be behind me for a little while at least.

Angus is growing well. His next appointment is in early February but he seems to have added a couple of pounds and is already not fitting some of the 0-3 months clothes we had for him.

Naomi had a couple of minor cavities fixed the other day. So minor as to not need a needle and she did not feel a thing so that was good. When she heard she had to get something done, she was quite anxious, we were glad when it went so smoothly.

Cricket news - great wins by the Aussies in the ODIs. Despite Cameron White once being picked in the Test side as a bowler, I am lamenting the fact that his bowling is not quite enough to slot in there somewhere. However, I think I would be giving strong consideration to picking him as a #6 in the Test side. Would he really score much less than North? Also, with Haddin, Johnson and Hauritz at 7,8,9...we do have good depth and could afford to carry someone a bit I think. His slip fielding would be a massive boost for us, he is a decent bowling option as a 2nd spinner and I think, given time, his batting could continue to develop. Watching Watson has given me this hope - he has gone from an all rounder to being considered a front line batsman. Andrew Symonds and Steve Waugh were others who made this step up. Perhaps White could do the same. In any case, in the ODI team he is now a fixture and making us not miss Symonds quite so much.

No comments: