Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mouse In The Bed

Last night, around 2:00am I awoke to find a living mouse actually inside our bed. Fortunately, with my lightning fast reflexes, I managed to grab the critter in one hand...all without needing the assistance of any sort of light in the room. Of course, at this point, I decided to ask for help from Mindy in organizing proper disposal of the rodent however, much to my surprise, not only was she not in the slightes way interested in helping...she was not even bothered by my discovery!

I detected a slight sarcastic tone to her voice when she said "There's a mouse in the bed?"... I looked at my empty clenched fist then realized that this was another "sleep walking" episode. It is really the weirdest thing - for me it is all quite real - for Mindy it is all quite ridiculous! Still - not quite as strange as the last time when I was convinced I was some sort of "secret agent" dude and I was feigning sleep, waiting for her to try to escape. Luckily for her she knew better and stayed in the bed! All 100% true...and these examples are not even the weirdest ones from my past. A quite strange "affliction".

A brief Angus update - he is doing well and growing nicely. He is now over 10lbs. Can't wait for him to learn to stand so we can start practicing "lineouts".

No comments: