Monday, June 25, 2007

Grosse oder kleine?

So...today I ventured out on my own with the girls all the way to the hotel pool! It was stormy out today and although the Germans were riding bicyles while holding umbrellas, I did not think the girls would be up for a ten minute walk in the rain. The pool was great. Naomi discovered she could touch the bottom of the shallow end and Fiona took a nap. I did a few laps while pretending to be "mermaid" Naomi's pet seahorse. We had the pool all to ourselves. After a while a gentleman walked in and walked over to a chair and set his stuff down. I thought his swimming trunks seemed odd because they just looked like shorts. Then he proceeded to remove them at poolside! No undies, no nothing! He took off everything and then put a towel around his waist. He sat and read a book and every so often he would go to the men's locker room, come back to the pool and switch towels! Everytime he switched, we got the show (not that I was looking). I thought, I guess I'm in Europe now! I was glad Naomi did not see him because I am sure she would have pointed and announced what she saw.

Anyway, we did not do much today because of the rain and the jetlag. We all took turns waking up during the night. I am living on cappuccino from the executive lounge (this is a special room that we have access to because David travels so often). Of course every time David walks to the executive lounge he acts as if he has top security clearance or something, even when the room is packed with people.

I really will try to go into the Alstadt tomorrow. I will probably try to take a tram to get there so wish me luck!

3 comments:

AnnieLou said...

This is great, so glad you are keeping a record of your travels with the girls. We'll be eagerly reading to see how it goes - looking for tips because we are doing the same thing in September!

Leadfoot88 said...

what on earth was he doing, coming and going like that?!

Tony Reiche said...

I do that stuff all the time around the pool . It must be the German in me. Swimming nude is normal. Hey, Mindy, when in Rome.
If I had of known you guys were going to my fatherland , I would have set you up some contacts and ideas , but it might be better you learn and discover European culture on your own.
And Mindy you should know a bit of German , didnt you play a Nazi in a play , once.
Hope potato head is not working too hard. GO AUSSIES no.1