Monday, July 23, 2007

Back Home

We are now back home in New Jersey. The flight was relatively uneventful but it was tough for Mindy as she was sitting in a group of 3 seats with the kids while I was across the aisle. Due to it being a daytime flight the kids were quite energetic and it was very draining for Mindy having to deal with that. It was also tough for me - on several occasions I had to pause the "Space Invaders" console game I was playing on the plane's entertainment system to assist.

The dogs were very glad to see us and the kids were also excited to get back home. I was quite suprised by how much growth weeds can have if left unattended for a month. Sunday was devoted to washing clothes, cleaning up the dog room and starting to get the yard straight.

I am now back at work. Fortunately I have a local project for the forseeable future so I am looking forward to getting home every night. It will be tough to get used to working a regular job again after the holiday and a few weeks of relaxed work in the head office. Also, the calorie restrictions will have to begin to shake off the effects of 4 weeks of schnitzels, beer and junk food.

One final thing about Germany...the toilet paper was horrible. It was like using a paper towel. It was nice to get back to something with a little more consideration given to comfort.

No comments: