Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Fire!

We had our wood stove inspected yesterday and all went well...so last night we were able to enjoy our fireplace for the first time. Lighting the fire proved to be a little challenging as I did not really have enough kindling to get it going properly however ultimately things got going and the system seems to work properly. The stove itself gets quite hot to provide a lot of radiant heat as well as having a blower unit that circulates heated air in the room. I think that it managed to keep our downstairs floor at a nice temperature but it was hard to tell about what it did upstairs as it was not on for long enough. Today will likely be a good test of this as we plan to try to keep the fire going all day, which will prevent our gas heating system from kicking on (the thermostat is in the same room as the fire). I hope that enough heat goes up the stairs to keep that warm as well.

Mindy was laughing at how much I enjoyed this whole process. I guess I like playing with fire.

No comments: