Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hockey

Last night I went to see the New Jersey Devils play the Boston Bruins at the Devils' new home arena. Even better - the tickets were free thanks to an old work friend whose company has season tickets. The seats were quite good, about 15 rows back from the ice. While we were not in the middle of the ice, we were actually at the good end of the building to see the action. At first I thought it was going to be a rough night - Boston scored 3 goals in the first period - but with 2 in the 2nd period NJ was certainly back in the game. Also, these 5 goals were all right in front of us...another bonus. The tying goal was scored in the 3rd period and that was how the regular time finished. In extra time, NJ scored the match winner for a nice 4-3 victory!

I showed my supreme knowledge of the sport during the game. On of the NJ players (#9) misplayed the puck a couple of times right in front of us. I commented to my friend - "This guy sucks" - he then proceeded to score the next two goals and get an assist on the match winner!

No comments: