Monday, September 22, 2008

AC/DC

On Friday afternoon on the way home, about two blocks from the house, a warning sounded in my car. I noticed that it was overheating, so made it home and checked the engine (not that I was really checking for anything other than a REALLY obvious leak or something). The coolant in the car was boiling, probably not a good sign. So, booked the car in to get checked out for the Saturday.

Saturday morning was devoted to the vital task of securing tickets for AC/DC's upcoming tour. Everything was set - I was to get tickets to their show in Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania (the first show of the tour) and Errol was to get tickets to their show in Charlotte. All was set, waiting until 10:00 for the onsale time to tick over. I even had my home PC and my work laptop logged in in case one internet connection had issues. Good thing that I did - my PC hung on the Ticketmaster site so the backup PC was needed. I managed to get the seats, as did Errol for the Charlotte show...which was actually not a guarantee as they sold out in 20 minutes. So now I have proclaimed that I will be celebrating the next month by wearing AC/DC shirts only for the next month - Mindy is thrilled at the prospect. However, it is a great chance to update my wardrobe - 2008 concert shirts!

After this, nothing much could happen to deflate my good mood...except, perhaps finding out that the head gasket on my car had blown and I was looking at an approximately $900 repair bill. Having 135000 miles on the car already, I briefly considered getting a new one but then decided that there was still another 70K miles left in it (completely arbitrarily) and so am going to get it fixed. Fortunately one of my friends was able to lend me a car for the week while it is in the shop, which seriously reduces the inconvenience of the week.

Sunday involved a picnic and a hike with a few friends, enjoying the early Autumn weather. It was quite relaxing and the kids had a great day exploring. I would have spent some time watching football but it is under the "you can't watch cricket, rugby AND American sports too" ban. Instead, we now are almost finished our Babylon 5 adventure. Only two episodes left in the final season and then we will be done - except, of course, for the DVDs that my brother Mick has sent me for my birthday. Thanks Mick! This, combined with the new fall TV schedule will give us no shortage of couch time in the coming months.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not excited about the ACDC t-shirts that I am about to see all month.