Friday, September 26, 2008

Mindy's Phone

Mindy lost her current mobile phone, kind of hard to understand how this might have happened since the dimensions resembled a house brick. We decided to get her a new phone and add her to my current plan, so there would be the added hassle of porting her number from her current company. I was assured by Sprint (my provider) that this would be an easy process. On Wednesday night I spent the best part of 3 hours on the phone getting transferred around, getting disconnected etc trying to get this resolved.

In the end, I was told that the process was underway and to call back in "24 to 72 hours" to check on the progress of this. The stupidity of how to call in "24 to 72 hours" just added to my frustration. So if I call in 30 hours? What does this really mean? Anyway...I guess I will find out tonight - that will be 48 hours - so hopefully it will be straight and we can put this behind us. I did complain loudly enough to get offered 100 bonus minutes, so I guess that is something.

The biggest question for Mindy is what song should she use as her ringtone. I suggested that for the ring whenever I call, The Divinyls "I Touch Myself" would be quite appropriate - not sure if she will go for it.

No comments: