Friday, January 4, 2008

New Floor

Yesterday we got our new kitchen floor. Mindy was on the front line dealing with 5 contractors in the house, dust, glue fumes and displaced furniture. The end result was great. It looks better, is warmer under foot and will be easier to maintain. At first I was not convinced by the fake wood vinyl look when we were discussing this however this does really mean that much as I am quite "challenged" in these matters. My trust in Mindy's design talents was well placed and we are all very happy with how it turned out. Next home projects will be removing a tree and building a fence.

Today is really dragging on. For the past two days, I have done nothing but sit in meetings. Fortunately it is a short week and I get some respite tomorrow. Next week should be a little better I hope. I did get good news though, I might be here through the end of June (still to be confirmed) so hopefully it works out.

The cricket is quite delicately poised. India probably have a better chance to push for a win if we bat poorly tonight however all 3 results are quite possible. I think all of the missed chances from Laxman and Dravid might end up costing us from having a good chance to extend our win streak. Most likely, this will end in a draw. I only hope we do not get to generous in a declaration if the situation presents itself. In any case, many hours of viewing are planned for the next couple of nights.

No comments: