Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Stitches, Cute Comment and Mr Brooks

My head cut seems to be healing nicely. I get my stitches out later in the week and hopefully all remains well with it. One thing I had forgotten before...on the day of the cut, Naomi was quite concerned about seeing me with all the blood on my head. I explained to her that she cut her head when she was a baby (worse than mine) and so now we will have matching "boo-boo scars". She replied "But daddy, I love you much more than I love myself"...quite a cute comment and one that certainly tugs at the heartstrings.

Last night we watched the movie Mr Brooks, a thriller about a serial killer (Kevin Costner) who cannot give up the urge to kill, despite his best efforts. Overall it was quite good, although one key character in the plot was so badly played by Dane Cook that it took some of the gloss off I think. It was quite entertaining and liked the ending but it did not live up to the hype of the radio recommendation I heard on Howard Stern's show earlier in the day. Demi Moore was good as the detective on the case and William Hurt was also very good as Kevin Costner's "inner voice". Worth a look but not a classic. What it did achieve is bringing Mindy's fears about serial killers back to the surface. After watching the entire season of Most Evil, I think she was just starting to put this behind her and now she is freaked out again. Probably have to stick to a few comedies for a while!

No comments: